[squid-users] Collapsed Forwarding was Re: [squid-users] Kerberos authentication & pre-caching in Squid for Windows

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 20:11:17 +0100

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> In a school situation you will also find the collapsed_forwarding
> features of Squid very useful. It can reduce/collapse a full classroom
> worth of duplicate requests for the same lesson website, down to a set
> of single requests to fetch the page once.

Interested in this benefit I enabled it on our squid 2.6.18 server.

I haven't tried to measure the effects yet, but I do note some of these
entries in the logs:

  Aug 8 19:31:33 watcher squid[6908]: clientProcessExpired: collapsed request STALE!

Is this normal or does it indicate anything bad?

Thanks in advance,
Gavin