[squid-users] streaming live television and performance problems

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:42:18 +0900

Hi,

I have seen a few posts about caching and poor performance of video
recently. I am also experiencing problems, but I am not sure the
cause. I am using Squid exclusively for myself to access a live
television streaming service in my home country. It works find for
maybe 30 seconds, but then Windows Media Player starts re-buffering
constantly. Could caching have something to do with this? And what is
Squid actually trying to cache? The broadcast takes about 4 hours
adding up to a few GBs. Is Squid trying to cache this in a single
file?

Thank you,
Andrej