[squid-users] problems setting up accelerator mode in squid 2.7

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:24:23 +0930

I have quite a few squid proxies, they are running a rather old
version of squid (2.5stable6 mostly) so they are well overdue for an
update. I have built squid 2.7stable5 without problems but have run
into problems when deploying the update. The machines I am updating
are running as httpd accelerators and as proxies. I have this working
fine with 2.5 but things break in 2.7 and I am not sure how to fix
it. In my 2.7 squid.conf I put:

http_port 80 accel vhost
cache_peer server.ip.address.here parent 81 0 no-query originserver

which seems to do mostly the right thing - caching works and fetches
from the accelerated host work but I get errors in the cache.log
saying that the CONNECT method is not supported in accelerator mode.
I couldn't see a way of fixing this error. Can I make this work or
should I just configure another port to perform caching?

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: