[squid-users] squid NTLM setup question

From: Navjeet <navjeetc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:55:23 -0400

We have been using squid in our development environment. Squid has
been forwarding all the internet bound traffic to a proxy server that
did not need any authentication until now. But that has changed now
and now we have use another proxy server that uses NTLM based
authentication. Now our servers in this development environment only
have local users (users logging in are not authenticated Windows AD).
Does the Squid NTLM authentication setup still work in this setup? Can
the NTLM setup be configured to use specified user (and password
hopefully encrypted ) that can be specified in some configuration
file. This is needed as many of our applications (Tomcat, ESB etc )
are headless (i mean not just a web browser) and they now need to go
thru this new proxy server.

Navjeet
Blog: http://chabbewal.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/navjeetc