Re: [squid-users] squid (without transparent mode) + Gateway + Authentication on same machine, is it possible ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:53:30 +0200

tis 2009-09-15 klockan 21:45 +0200 skrev Matus UHLAR - fantomas:

> > The last part is unfortunately non-trivial on some OS:es where
> > getsockname returns the original destination with no indication that the
> > request was intercepted. So we assume that all requests arriving on an
> > intercept flagged port is intercepted.
>
> original? Don't you mean the current destination, e.g. our local http port?

original as in the original destination of the intercepted TCP
connection, making the intercepted connection indistinguishable to squid
from a direct routed connection.

Or put in other words, for what you propose to work there need to be
some kind of indication for Squid to tell an direct routed connection
from an intercepted connection. Some systems do not have any such
indication, making intercepted connections look completely the same to
applications (Squid) as normal connections.

As the goal is easily accomplished by having two http_port lines there
is no need to confuse these matters by allowing a mixed http_port on
systems supporting this kind of indication.