RE: [squid-users] Compression in HTTPS traffic

From: squid squid <squidusr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:14:15 +0800

 <4AF5CE26.7020106_at_solutti.com.br>

Hi=2C
=20
Thank you for the reply.
=20
If this is the case=2C does this mean that there will be compression if use=
rs have enabled the option of "Use http 1.1 through proxy connections" whic=
h can be found under IE's tool=2C internet options=2C advanced option???
=20
Regards.

> Date: Sat=2C 7 Nov 2009 17:44:38 -0200
> From: leolistas_at_solutti.com.br
> To: squidusr_at_hotmail.com
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Compression in HTTPS traffic
>
> squid squid escreveu:
>> Hi=2C
>>
>> Currently I am running Squid Version 2.7 Stable 4 on a Linux ES3 box wit=
h 2.5GB RAM.

>> Basically there is no caching configured on the squid apps and it is bei=
ng used like a middle man between client and web/apps servers which has bot=
h http and https transaction.

>> Would like to know does squid support compression for https transaction =
(ie. CONNECT xxx.xxx.com:443")???

>> If it does=2C is thecompression by default or is there some settings or =
configuration needed???

>> I am asking cause httpwatch indicated no compression when I accessed htt=
ps website through squid proxy. However if I accessed the https website dir=
ectly=2C httpwatch does show that there are compression.

> i think this has nothing to do with HTTPS. It's indeed related to the
> fact that Squid is NOT fully HTTP/1.1 compliant. Squid can RECEIVES
> HTTP/1.1 requiests=2C but it only sends HTTP/1.0 requests. And in
> HTTP/1.0=2C compression is not supported.
>
> So all requests done by a squid wont have any compression at all. HTTP
> and HTTPS ones. And that's because of squid being a HTTP/1.0 proxy.
>

> --
>

> Atenciosamente / Sincerily=2C
> Leonardo Rodrigues
> Solutti Tecnologia
> http://www.solutti.com.br
>
> Minha armadilha de SPAM=2C N=C3O mandem email
> gertrudes_at_solutti.com.br
> My SPAMTRAP=2C do not email it
>

> =20
Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop=