Re: [squid-users] Mailing-list admins: can we set up reply-to?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 04:25:42 +0100

fre 2009-11-13 klockan 11:44 -0500 skrev Brian Mearns:
> Would it be possible for the admins of this mailing list to setup the
> Reply-to header so hitting reply goes back to the mailing list? I
> don't know how many times I've sent responses directly back to the
> sender because I just started typing the response.

No, because reply-to is even more harmful, causing responses which were
intended private to go to the list, and makes it very very hard to
respond privately with a standards conforming mail agent.

The list server do set internet standard list headers, so if you have a
mail client which knows about mailing lists then you get a "Reply to
list" alternative.