Re: [squid-users] Authentication Question

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 01:13:45 +1300

Michael_Grasso_at_cadc.uscourts.gov wrote:
> I setup two reverse proxy sites with LDAP authentication. Authentication
> works fine when I access
> either site. The problem I'm having is after I authenticate to either site,
> I try and access a url on the other site and I'm prompted to authenticate
> again. How can I tell squid to check the authenticated user and stop
> prompting me
> for another login?

I guess that depends on your auth_param settings or LDAP configuration,
which you omitted.
It's not part of the domain routing config you show below.

> Below is my squid.conf setup of both sites. Thanks....
>
> acl ldap-auth proxy auth REQUIRED
> http_access allow ldap-auth
>
> http_port x.x.x.x:80 accel defaultsite=intranet.cadc.circdc.dcn
> cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=intranet1
> round-robin
> cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=intranet2
> round-robin
> acl sites_intranet dstdomain intranet.cadc.circdc.dcn
> http_access allow sites=intranet
> cache_peer_access intranet1 allow sites_intranet
> cache_peer_access intranet2 allow sites_intranet
>
> http_port x.x.x.x:80 accel defaultsite=www.cadc.circdc.dcn
> cach_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=iis
> acl sites=iis dstdomain www.cadc.circdc.dcn
> http_access allow sites=iis
> cache_peer_access iis allow sites=iis
>
> http_access deny all

Just a note, personally I'd add the ldap-auth ACL to the end of each of
the "http_access allow sitesX" lines instead of globally at the top.
That would prevent wasting auth resources on people requesting
unacceptable domains.

Amos

--
Please be using