Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid Question?

From: Jason Healy <jhealy_at_logn.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:10:12 -0500

On Jan 9, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> MISS on the local proxy, fetched from a parent peer whose cache/storage digest (CD_) claimed to have it over there.

Not to be dense, but I want to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly (for my cache reports).

Since in my multi-instance setup the frontend (client) and backend (parent) processes are all running on the same local machine, if *either* the local or the hierarchy list "HIT" in their response code, I should count it as a HIT overall, right? In other words, a parent HIT is just as good as a child HIT in this case, since there's no bandwidth cost between the parents and the children for this particular setup.

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |    jhealy@logn.net    |   http://www.logn.net/