Re: [squid-users] proxy auth using AD

From: Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:14:59 +0300

forgot to cc the list...

Hi

> Perhaps you can use a domain-trust between a.domain.com and b.domain.com?

There is a trust between the two domains, but the OU structure is
different. a.domain.com has

OU=Sections
OU=Department
OU=Office Location
OU=Organisation Name

and the users in the different sections.

b.domain.com has

OU=Users
OU=Groups

If I were to query the AD that is master for a.domain.com, I will not
get any results about anyone in b.domain.com since the structure is
different.

At the moment, a.domain.com trusts b.domain.com. Unless I am missing
something here, if the OU structure differs, even if there is a trust,
getting a user on b.domain.com will need a query different from
a.domain.com.

--
Mike
Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in