Re: [squid-users] delay pool

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:16:53 +1300

Adnan Shahzad wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to configure Per user quota, Mean 2 GB per day internet access. Can I do it with delay pools? But in delay pool how???? And my 2nd question is delay pool bucket is for day or for week or month?

Delay pools works in seconds. Being old code it's also got some numeric
32-bit limits hanging around.

What you can do with it is assign a per-user bandwidth speed. Squid will
police it for your HTTP traffic.

Quota stuff is quite hard in squid and still requires some custom code
using helpers to manage the bandwidth used and do all the accounting.
Squid only does allow/deny control at that point.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16