[squid-users] Authentication helpers not shut down

From: David Parks <davidparks21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed that running "squid -k reconfigure" starts a new authentication helper, but does not shut down the old one.
Is this normal behavior? Do I just need to monitor for the closing of the input stream and shut down on that cue?

Just wanna make sure I'm on track.

Dave

p.s. if there are any good guides on the various types of helpers, and the protocol used with them I haven't come across it yet and would love a link.