Re: [squid-users] SSH not working With Squid3.0

From: <Adam_at_Gmail>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:07:23 +0100

Ok I'll try and describe it the best I can.

I have a router LinkSys/Cisco

This is how it goes:

Internet > [ISP-Modem] <Router / Firewall> (LocalNetwork )

Local Network > Machine1 Machine2 Machine3 Machine4 Machine5 Machine6

Machine1 = SQUID3.0
Machine2= Mail-Server
Machine3= Webserver1
Machine4= Webserver2
Machine5=DSN server
Machine6= Other services (Chat server)

And 3 Windows Clients

In All There are 9 Machines

I can access these machines except via SSH
Even though I have forwarded requests to each machine's SSH port

Now for the errors
When I try internally to connect to any of the SSH servers I get this error

Let's say the only accessible SSH is the one running on the Squid's machine
it has a port number 2222, ok?

Now if I want to ssh machine 192.168.1.3 on port 2224
ssh 192.168.1.3 2224

I get the following

connect to host 192.168.1.3 port 2222: Connection refused

Do you see what I mean even though I do specify the port number of the
machine which in this case is the port 2224
But I get the error message replying with the Squid's port number 2222, and
that is regardless from which machine I am trying to send the SSH request

And from outside

I get "Network Error Connection refused" if I try with putty for example:

But if I turn off Squid's machine and unplug it from the network, I have
absolutely no problem accessing these servers.

Very strange

Regards
Adam