Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 without signature

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 15:08:09 +1200

marcus wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 May 2010 19:31:37 you wrote:
>> It requires patching the source; see errorpage.c, look for
>> 'ERR_SQUID_SIGNATURE'.
>>

> I running squid in Debian Lenny system. I made my squid installation from
> debian repositories, not source files. So, I didn't found errorpage.c and
> ERR_SQUID_SIGNATURE file.
>

>> I'd support making it possible to suppress this (or turn it into an HTML
>> comment, as I've done) via configuration.
>>

> How?

The old way " suppress_httpd_version on" turns off display for the
details of exact Squid release version without loosing the other
valuable timestamp+source info in the footer/signature.

> Anyway, At moment, showing my squid version for my clients isn't a big deal.
>
> BTW, a upgrade to squid3 fix it. Doesn't it?

squid3 package in Lenny is 3.0. Which has the same behaviour as 2.7.

The squid3 package (3.1) in Unstable (and Squeeze in a week or so
hopefully) allows configurable CSS control of the whole page.

Amos

--
Please be using