Re: [squid-users] how do I ensure that my request is passing through squid proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:14:30 +1200

jyothi wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. I am using firefox, there I can only specify one proxy (that
> is presently institution proxy), may be I don't know, could you please elaborate?

Perhapse I misunderstood you.
  You said you already read the FAQ titled "How do I configure Squid
forward all requests to another proxy?"

  That FAQ explains how to configure Squid to use the institution proxy.

Your browser only needs to be configured for the one single proxy it is
talking to. Squid.

> On Fri, 14 May 2010 23:26:25 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote
>> jyothi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a doubt, I am using a proxy enabled network (which is provided by my
> institution).
>>> My browser is configured with the corresponding proxy in order to access the web pages.
>>> I want to use squid proxy in order to serve some of my needs. I can't configure browser
>>> with the squid as I need to my institution proxy to access the web. So all my requests
>>> first should go to squid proxy then to the institution proxy. I did this by reading the
>>> faq (How do I configure Squid forward all requests to another proxy?). But now my doubt
>>> is how would I ensure that first my request is going to squid and then to my insti proxy
>>> (as my browser is not configured with the squid)?
>>>
>> Since that Squid is using the Institution proxy you should configure
>> your browser to use the Squid.
>>
>> So you end up with this:
>> Browser -> Squid -> Institution Proxy -> Internet

Amos

--
Please be using