Re: [squid-users] Settings per User?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:24:11 +1200

Joe wrote:
> Am 14.05.2010 14:31, schrieb Peng, Jeff:
>> Does the src ACL have any help to you?
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/acl/
>>
> Not really as it does not explain. Maybe my explanation was not so good.
> I want to give users the possibility to change their user-agent or the

See the users web browser documentation how to set it's user agent.

> contents that should be filtered, read these settings from a mysql and
> apply them to the user:
>
> 1. User 10.6.0.2
> header_replace User-Agent "xyz Browser"
> deny xxx, ad, warez content
>
> 2. User 10.6.0.6
> request_header_access User-Agent deny all
> allow all content
>
> I found out, that is possible to use redirect_program to redirect the
> user based on the src ip. But I can only send back the redirect url. I
> want to edit other settings too.
>
> And btw. is it possible to edit the User-Agent. I mean to keep the
> original and just add something to it?

The short answer is no. It's not possible to reconfigure Squid per request.

Squids configuration is concerned with how and where to pass requests
around. All of it is configured per-action. Some being globally applied
actions, some being ACL controlled.

Amos

--
Please be using