Re: [squid-users] Settings per User?

From: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <ildefonso.camargo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 13:05:08 -0430

Hi!

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>>
>> Am 14.05.2010 14:31, schrieb Peng, Jeff:
>>>
>>> Does the src ACL have any help to you?
>>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/acl/
>>>

>> Not really as it does not explain. Maybe my explanation was not so good. I
>> want to give users the possibility to change their user-agent or the
>
> See the users web browser documentation how to set it's user agent.

Yeah, some browsers let you do this, konqueror makes it really easy,
and I believe there is one plug-in for firefox (not sure), yes there
is:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59/

>> contents that should be filtered, read these settings from a mysql and
>> apply them to the user:
>>
>> 1. User 10.6.0.2
>> header_replace User-Agent "xyz Browser"
>> deny xxx, ad, warez content

Part of this can be done on a per-user basis, using authentication,
and ldap-groups.

>> 2. User 10.6.0.6
>> request_header_access User-Agent deny all
>> allow all content

Part of this can also be done with ldap-groups.