Re: [squid-users] SQUID makes few slow connections (see video)

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:29:51 +0600

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 15:11, Tytus Rogalewski <tytanick_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> i made video once again and uploaded to better server, you can see
> clearly how it is working, please SEE video (choose your resolution:)
> (i am still uploading, it will take 15 minutes)
> on: http://tytanick.cba.pl/
> http://tytanick.cba.pl/squid_performance2_1200.html
> http://tytanick.cba.pl/squid_performance2_1440.html
> http://tytanick.cba.pl/squid_performance2_1600.html
>

> --
> Z pozdrowieniami
> Tytus Rogalewski
> mail: tytanick{monkey}gmail.com
> www.sky-link.net
> gg: 210533
> skype: tytanick

Hi Tytus,

The videos are slower on this new link than the previous one.  The
first video just showed that loading times were higher with Squid.
Since we are troubleshooting, can you just manually configure your
browser to use the proxy, instead of doing transparent interception?

I would also suggest increasing the FD to a more higher value, like
65536 (what we use). Apart from that things are looking normal.  I've
seen the first video, and understand what you mean.  Could you also do
the following:

Turn of "disk caching" in Squid and see if that makes anything better?

Other than that, the more expert users on the list would have to show
what else might be wrong.

Regards
HASSAN