Re: [squid-users] SQUID makes few slow connections (see video)

From: Tytus Rogalewski <tytanick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:26:22 +0200

> Since we are troubleshooting, can you just manually configure your
> browser to use the proxy, instead of doing transparent interception?
lol i did what you asked about - and eureka :D - when i use my squid
proxy by entering its address in browser and i ofcourse disable
"REDIRECT" from iptables, all webpages are working fine !!! - there is
no lag in that case ! - hmmmm so ? whats next ? why REDIRECT in
iptables is making such slow connections ?

> I would also suggest increasing the FD to a more higher value, like 65536 (what we use).
I did this few hours ago, it didnt helped
sky-link squid # cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
405415

> Turn of "disk caching" in Squid and see if that makes anything better?
i suppose i dont need to do this since we know that using "disc
casching" cant be bad if i done have lag when i enter proxy ip and
port in my firefox :)

So, what now, ?? this is my redirection rule:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.0.2 ! -d
192.168.0.0/24 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8123