[squid-users] winbind error

From: Prashant K.S <ksprashant_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:50:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have installed samba on my Linux machine. I have joined Active Directory Server for authentication. When I start winbind, I get an error saying create_sock_pipe /tmp/.winbind/pipe failed because Permission Denied and winbind stops. As per suggestion on some website I disabled the firewall, winbind started once. But again I have the same problem with same error. I am using samba 3.5.3 on Red Hat Linux 5.1. Can you please tell me what could be the problem? Regards, Prashant