Re: [squid-users] ICAP: Need confirmation

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:09:20 +1200

David Touzeau wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I woulk like to know if FTP protocol is hooked by the ICAP protocol in
> SQUID ? (in order to know if i can install ICAP AV for viruses FTP
> checking)
>
> best reagards

Good question.
  * The request hooks should catch the initial HTTP request for an FTP URL.
  * The FTP protocol transaction is not.
  * The reply hooks should theoretically be catching the objects once
they have HTTP headers attached and are going through to the storage and
client.
  * I'm sure the post-cache hooks are supposed to, but not as sure about
the pre-cache hooks.

Amos

--
Please be using