Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.6 tracking image ?

From: John Michaels <varain_at_gmx.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:43:02 +0300

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:20:32 +1200
Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> It has been mentioned. Please be assured we do intend or use it as a
> tracker.

Could you please point me to the discution ?
I think there is a typo in the second line ... it reads like you _do_ intend to use it as a tracker.

> The image provided has a long a caching time to push it out as far
> towards the client as possible. If working your Squid should be able to
> cache it on the first error and display it's cached version to all
> following clients.

It sounds like a (new) install tracker, in that case.

> It's pulled in via the CSS config file installed in your /etc/squid
> directory and fully editable to remove or replace the branding if you
> desire.

I've already edited it ... In my opinion it is wrong as a default,
as it adds another "oh, edit *that* on every upgrade/install" to the network administrator's tasks.

Thank you for your answer and sorry if I seem to make a big deal out of nothing ...