Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7stable7 and ESPN3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:00:12 +1300

On 28/11/10 13:34, Jason Howlett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an Ubuntu 10.0.4 server running Squid 2.7stable7 (I also tried
> Squid 3.0Stable19, but with the same result). I am using the default
> squid.conf file with the exception of adding an acl for my local network
> and allowing access for that list. If I try to go to the following URL:
> http://espn.go.com/espn3/index, Squid gets stuck in some sort of
> infinite loop where it tries to load that page over and over again. This
> happens with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
>
> I dug into the html source for the espn3 page and found the following
> line in the header: window.location.href = ud.redirect. If I comment out
> that line then everything works correctly when I load my local copy of
> the page with the browser still configured to use the proxy server. I
> also found that if you set ud.redirect to something else
> (www.google.com, for example), then you get redirected there. If squid
> is bypassed, then everything works as expected.
>
> I don't know exactly what is happening under the javascript hood and
> what interaction with squid might be causing the infinite redirect. Any
> help/suggestion is appreciated.

There is zero interaction between Squid and javascript or any other
content in the page. Squid only deals with the HTTP mime headers before
the content starts.
  This is either a javascript problem with the content coming out of
ud.redirect (whatever that is I could not be bothered reading the 770KB
of code in that page), or the followup response redirecting back again.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3