Re: [squid-users] The method for SSL Mitm Proxying without browser warnings

From: Alex Crow <alex_at_nanogherkin.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:58:47 +0000

On 15/12/10 07:11, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:

>>> Squid conf param:
>>> https_port 8443 cert=/etc/squid/certs/sslfilter.crt
>>> key=/etc/squid/certs/sslfilter.key protocol=https accel vhost
>>> defaultsite=google.com
>>>
>>> The way I have created the certificate and key:

I think that config is incorrect. From the SSL Bump Wiki page
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump)

You need something like:

http_port 3128 sslBump cert=/usr/local/squid3/etc/CA-priv+pub.pem

# Bumped requests have relative URLs so Squid has to use reverse proxy

# or accelerator code. By default, that code denies direct forwarding.

# The need for this option may disappear in the future.

always_direct allow all

Alex