Re: [squid-users] The method for SSL Mitm Proxying without browser warnings

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:37:45 +1300

On 15/12/10 23:58, Alex Crow wrote:

> I think that config is incorrect. From the SSL Bump Wiki page
> (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump)

He is trying to do this the illegal way with MITM on native port 443
HTTPS traffic flow.

ssl-bump only works with CONNECT where the browser has delegated the SSL
tunnel setup to Squid. Ssl-bump then MITMs the key handshake with a cert
created from the tunnel hostname:port provided by the browser.

Oguz:
  you are going to have to create a wildcard cert for the '.' root zone
or each of the 240-odd TLDs and cc-TLDs.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3