Re: [squid-users] debugging ERR_INVALID_REQ condition

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:41:03 +1300

 On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:27:59 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a squid 2.7 stable9 running and i'm having problems with
> some softwares that i'm required to use by the brazilian government.
> They generate HTTP connections, which are transparently intercepted
> (linux box) and directed to squid. I have enabled a full debug
> (ALL,9)
> and captured the connection, but i really cant understand what's
> wrong
> and, if it's something squid related, what can i do to workaround it.
> The only interesting thing is that it seems to be triggering an
> ERR_INVALID_REQ error ...
>
> would you mind helping me analyze the following connection log,
> generated with ALL,9 ?
>
> is the connection really HTTP/1.0 or HTTP/1.1 invalid ? is there
> something i can tweak on squid to get this working ? bypassing these
> connections and getting them to go on NAT instead of transparent
> proxy
> would be the only solution here ?

 In the Log I spy "411 Length Required" being the status.

 For a POST with no content-length header this is invalid according to
 HTTP/1.0 and extremely dangerous to permit.

 HTTP/1.1 chunking makes this okay, I see the client has attempted to do
 that. Unfortunately squid-2.7 is HTTP/1.0 with basic support for a few
 1.1 features and only really supports chunking on GET.

 You could try altering the client app, so that it uses a HTTP/1.0
 compliant request without chunking its POSTs. Or upgrading to
 squid-3.1.10 or later.

 Amos