[squid-users] Proxying all traffic on all ports

From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:16:18 +0200

Hi all, new list member.

A student asked me if he can proxy all his internet activity through a
specific server in order to hide his IP address. He has found some
hostility directed towards him in some online activities, including
online gaming, and feels he would be better off appearing German
online. He has a full root server in Germany and wants to proxy all
his traffic, on all ports, through it.

I figured that I could install Squid on the German server and then
configure Iptables on his local machine (Ubuntu Linux) to proxy via
that server. I figured that this would be a common scenario however I
have been unable to google a solution. I have also checked the Squid
FAQ and Config Examples pages, but surprisingly did not find anything
about this. Is this possible with Squid? Should I search for a
different solution?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Dotan Cohen