Re: [squid-users] Automate WCCP Config Switching

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:01:15 +1300

 On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:16:26 +0100 (CET), gaël therond wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm looking around a way to dynamicaly be able to switch between
> different WCCP Configuration, is that possible with squid?
>
> I would like to avoid the usual way of doing: Writting a new config
> file --> Overwritting the current config with the new one -->
> restarting the squid server.
>
> My purpose is to be able to switch from a Cisco Switch config file
> and a Cisco Router config file dynamically, depending of the WCCP
> Negotiation messages.
>
> If it's not possible for now, Is there a way to implement this
> feature on any developpement timeline?

 The idea of real negotiation is on the wishlist but none of us have
 time or equipment to implement and test it.
 If you want to add this feature, please join the squid-dev team
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/DeveloperResources#Contributing_.28Code_developer.29

 (Don't be afraid of C++, the relevant WCCP code is still almost pure
 C).

 Amos