Fwd: [squid-users] Re: Configuring SQUID in Windows to authenticate with Active Directory

From: Lakshman Liyanage <one.lakshman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:35:55 +1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lakshman Liyanage <one.lakshman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Re: Configuring SQUID in Windows to
authenticate with Active Directory
To: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>, squid-users_at_squid-cache.org

Thank You Marcus for reply.

The reason I asked about squid_kerb_auth is  that someone on the list
(Rafal Zawierta) mentioned that he/she got it to work in Windows
2008R2 (AD).

Anyway, I tried what you suggested. Now I do not get a logon window in
the browser for me to enter credentials - instead it throws me "Cache
Access Denied"  message.

As I mentioned earlier I am a newbie - so excuse me if I am missing
obvious.  I have the following lines in my squid.conf:

auth_param negotiate program c:/squid/libexec/mswin_negotiate_auth.exe
auth_param negotiate children 5
auth_param negotiate realm Internet-Access
auth_param negotiate credentialsttl 5 minute

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password
# http_accesss allow localhost

What am I missing in my .conf?