[squid-users] Quick statistic that shows performance improvement?

From: January Sharp <january.sharp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:33:18 -0400

Hi,

We installed Squid 3.1.10 three days ago, and lots of clients are
using it. Being a complete newbie to this, may I ask a question.

What is best statistic to use to find out the general, overall
improvement of our clients' web surfing with vs. without squid. That
is, when I report to my management, "Our users are able to surf X%
faster since we installed squid".

Is this X available or computable from the information in the General
Runtime Information page of the Cache Mgr? Or somewhere else in Cache
Mgr?

I am guessing it is 1 - (Cache Misses Median Service Times / HTTP
Requests (All) Median Service Times). Is this correct?

January