Re: [squid-users] delay pools and reverse proxy mode...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:50:30 +1300

On 29/03/11 21:42, John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little issue with delay pools and Squid (2.7) in reverse proxy mode...
> If the target is not yet in the cache, I get correctly slowed down.
> But, once the target is cached, I can dowload at full speed...
> If I purge the url from the cache and try again, I get once more slowed down...
> once.
> Is this expected behavior in reverse proxy mode?

It is for reverse-proxy with delay pools active unless care is taken to
omit the site(s) from the pools.

> Do delay pools only apply to squid-backend connections?

yes. "delay_pools" delay pools do.

> Or is there a way to make it apply to client-squid connections?

"client_delay_pools" delay pools. which is available in 3.2 beta.

OR the QoS controls which are available in slightly variant forms with
all Squid releases since 2.6.

Amos

--
Please be using