Re: [squid-users] squid_session and SplashPage - infinite timeout

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:45:17 +1200

On 08/04/11 10:17, Rafal Zawierta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to configure Splash Page with Squid in some company. When
> employee try to access Web for the first time, it is necessary to
> accept rules (with Splash Page - i guess). Right.
> But in squid_session I can use '-t SEC' for overall timeout (in
> example 7200 sec). But what if I need it forever? Is it possible to
> set timeout to infinite? Users are authenticated against MS AD with
> squid_kerb_auth and squid_kerb_ldap for group acl.
>
> Regards
> Rafal

A splash page can be presented at any time. You just need appropriate
ACL or helper logics to decide when. The "session" helper bundled with
Squid is only applicable when there is a timeout to be applied.

We do not at this point provide a helper to do what you want.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.6