Re: [squid-users] The requested URL could not be retrieved

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:44:13 +1200

On 14/04/11 05:26, Bilal J.Mahdi wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have change the config file of my cache box and I start get this error

Doing what? this being a new discussion we don't have that info yet.

And the last message I see from you in the list was about COSS disk storage.

> during the traffic time, when the limit start cross 10meg real:
> even when I disable the timeout limit (#dead_peer_timeout 60 seconds) but
> error still appear:

dead_peer_timeout only affects how long to wait before declaring a
cache_peer server unavailable.

For DNS problems you want dns_timeout.

For slooww connection problems you want connect_timeout.

If either of the above is preventing Squid is not getting a chance to
attempt a working server (and you know its there), you want to increase
forward_timeout.

<snip>

> Unable to determine IP address from host name for sports.yahoo.com
> The dnsserver returned:
>
> Temporary network problem, please retry later

<snip>

Um, 10 meg sounds like a familiar round number. Do you have a 10MB
network card or connection?
  When a link is overloaded the OS will drop packets, UDP is one of the
first to suffer packet loss. And DNS is done over UDP.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.6