[squid-users] Anyway to tell if squid is actively using unlinkd?

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:29:55 -0700

I've got weird load behavior that crops up and this box is only
running squid. I am close to what I set my cache_dirs to in terms of
size, so wondering if that's it.

Just trying to figure out why my server will run at a load of 1 -1.5
and next thing it's up to 5-6, no real increase in traffic.

Cache_mem is high, this is a very robust.beefy server. So trying to
figure it out.

Reverse Proxy config.
Squid 2.7STABLE9
Fedora 12 64bit
16gb Mem
4 raid 10 15K sas drives for OS
8 15K sas drives in jbod config..
---- currently testing with 2 cache_dirs against 2 drives.

Very little iowait.

Resident memory for the squid process is around 6.4gb, cache_mem set
at 4gb. We have tons of small images (3K), so I like to attempt to
keep all hot objects in cache.

high and low water for the disk were at 85 and 95%, bumped it just to
see but made really no difference. My cache dirs are just 5gb each
(10gb total), on 150gb disks ya, but I don't really want to have to
weed through all of these files looking for an image.

Just wondering where I can look and or what type of information would
be helpful to see if Squid is in fact causing these spikes, vs
something in the OS.

Thanks
Tory