Re: [squid-users] help with squid setup

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 23:03:08 +1200

On 26/05/11 20:48, Camilo Cadena wrote:
> hi, my name is Camilo and i'm just finish my quid configuration and
> iptables.
>
> the thing is, i have an ubuntu server 10.4 with squid in it and a
> router 3G. So, first i build my wifi network, after that i setup an
> ip static address for my server, and at the end i install squid. When
> i use an apple device (macbookpro, macbook, iphone, ipad etc) i can
> connect them to the wifi network and navigate the intertnet, but if i
> use any other device as client, like Samsung Galaxy or computer with
> windows i have no internet connection, so i have to open mozilla and
> give it the proxy ipaddress and port to use, 3128. The proxy server
> is transparent.
>
> Maybe you can help me, i don't understand the reason of this, all
> apple products works fine, but any other products don't.
>
> Thank you very much Camilo

We are going to need details about what Squid configuration and iptables
configuration you used. That might lead to other questions, but will be
a start.

Also, its best not to use the term "transparent". There are many
different and confusing meanings to the word.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1