Re: [squid-users] trouble with www address not resolving

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:15:53 +0200

Am 31/05/2011 19:27, schrieb William Bakken:
> I use Squid 3.1.12 on a Linux box. The past couple of days I noticed
> that www.carfax.com is not resolving with the DNS servers but
> carfax.com is. I have not come across any other sites doing this but
> assume there are more. Has anyone else run into a similar situation
> and can help me out?
I cannot confirm this, our DNS server resolve both domains (to the same
IP).
And if it were so, squid does not really enter into the picture as far
as I see it?
If you run your own DNS you can use that to fake-correct errors like
these, but normally I just wait in these cases as most DNS errors get
corrected in 24 - 48 hours by the DNS owners.

HTH,
Jakob Curdes