[squid-users] Hanging transfers after partial transfer

From: Rich Rauenzahn <rrauenza_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:28:49 -0700

Version : 3.1.9

We're getting (fairly consistently) hanging transfers on a particular
resource. We're using squid as an accelerator, and it is all internal
traffic within our corporate intranet.

I found this, http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/BrokenWindowSize,
but I'm skeptical because (a) we shouldn't have any firewalls
intercepting the traffic, and (b) when it happens, restarting the
squid service fixes the issue.

Also, it will just be a particular resource/URL -- a user reports the
URL and I can reproduce it with wget -- the transfer will hit around
7% then pretty much stall indefinitely. If I hit another squid in our
cluster, it works fine.

Anyone see this kind of behavior before?