Re: [squid-users] trouble with www address not resolving

From: William Bakken <williamdbakken_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:57:20 -0500

Upgraded squid to 3.1.12

DNS is working from that machine, we are able to resolve both
www.carfax.com and carfax.com, and have even restarted squid after
looking those up.

From the squid log:
TCP_MISS/503 4367 GET http://www.carfax.com/ - DIRECT/www.carfax.com text/html
(which takes forever)

differs from something like google:
TCP_MISS/200 15049 GET http://www.google.com/ - DIRECT/74.125.93.147 text/html

Any advice? Our ISP did switch DNS servers recently (we switched at
the same time as the squid update) but we aren't seeing this behavior
with other sites.

Thanks,
William