[squid-users] ip aliased multi-instanced squid

From: errno <errno_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 00:41:18 -0700

Just to confirm:

If I have multiple ip aliases assigned to the same physical nic, will there
still be port conflicts on an ip (aliased) based multi-instanced squid server?

For example:

eth0 -> 192.196.0.2
eth0:1 -> 192.196.0.3
eth0:2 -> 192.196.0.4

squid_192.196.0.2.conf
# ...
http_port 192.196.0.2:3128
# ...

squid_192.196.0.3.conf
# ...
http_port 192.196.0.3:3128
# ...

squid_192.196.0.4.conf
# ...
http_port 192.196.0.4:3128
# ...

Will the fact that these are ip aliases rather than distinct separate
nics cause port-conflict issues? (my presumption is there won't be
any problems - ports are bound to ip, regardless of whether it's
aliased or not - but I'd like to make certain)

Thanks!