Re: [squid-users] Your IP Address: INVALID IPV4 ADDRESS Located near: INVALID IPV4 ADDRESS, INVALID IPV4 ADDRESS (INVALID IPV4 ADDRESS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:28:54 +1200

On 25/06/11 19:10, benjamin fernandis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i try to get http://www.dnsstuff.com/.
>
> i got above output on that site page.
>
> And when i enable forwarded_for option in squid.conf i can get my
> customer ip ( local / private ip) at that site.But instead of that i
> want my squid server public ip.
>
> Kindly guide me for that.
>
> I want to derive more punch to understand http header request and
> guide me for that , is there any plugin / add on or any open source
> utility , from which i can see what header options are passing to
> remote server when i try to surf sites.because in some sites which
> shows ip and other information related it , from those sites i got my
> squid version and squid information.
>

> Currently I m runnig squid on my lan ip.
>
> Squid version: 3.1.8
>
> OS : centos 5.5
>
> Regards,
> Benajmin

DNSStuff address detection is broken. It assumes IPv4 addresses in the
X-Forwarded-For header. This has always been a false assumption.

Squid-3.1 is IPv6 enabled software. So if the client connects to it over
IPv6 network the address listed will not be an IPv4.

The squid cache.log when logging with debug section 11,9 contains a lot
of info about the HTTP protocol coming and going through squid.
Including the headers.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9 and 3.1.12.3