Re: [squid-users] Problem with Refreh tiles

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:37:54 +1200

On 24/06/11 20:19, francescoboccacci_at_libero.it wrote:
> Hi to all,
> i have a question for you. I use a squid to server tiles in fast way. I
> explain to you how i configure my system:
> I have a tile server that create a OSM tiles in real time and another server
> where i installed squid.
> When i ask a tiles, the request pass throw squid that ask a tile if it aren't
> cached. Sometimes it happend that some tiles aren't serverd or it are old.
> So my question is:
> How configure squid to be "aligned" to main tile server?

The tile server needs to add Cache-Control: header parameters.

This is a great tutorial that explains the most important ones and how
they work:
  http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

> What is the parameter that can be setted?

As indicated above, the server controls cacheability. Squid will only
send stale content if it is allowed to.

Some Squid versions contain directive "max_stale" to limit how long a
stale object can be sent before the client sees an error page instead.

The "refresh_pattern" directive can do some complex calculations on
object age and staleness. But this is not aligned with the server.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9 and 3.1.12.3