Re: [squid-users] what does Squid do if two files have the same content and different file name?

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:06:52 +0200

mån 2011-08-22 klockan 09:54 +0800 skrev Raymond Wang:
> Hi, all:
>
> In our company, the business logic is common: different URL may
> refer to the same content files. so in order to optimize the usage of
> memory, it is better that Squid would keep only object cached when the
> content is equal to each other for several files.
>
> does squid support this feature? if so, how can I configure it?

You can squash all those identical files to the same URL within Squid by
using an URL rewriter. This tells Squid that requests for X1, X2, X3,
X4, .... is all equal to requests for Y.

This requires the rules on identical content to be extracted from the
server and implemented as a search/replace pattern.