Re: [squid-users] squid authentication with sqlite

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:45:23 +1200

 On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:12:46 +0200, abderrahmane abdmeziane wrote:
> hey,did squid work with sqlite authentication ?,i see in
> squid_db_auth
> file :my $dsn = "DBI:mysql:database=squid";
> so i change it my $dsn = "DBI:sqlite:database=squid"; i create the
> squid database and passwd table,it dosen't work i put the squid
> database file with squid_db_auth ,not working ! can somone help
> please.thanks

 You need the DBI::* perl driver installed, and apparently the DSN
 driver names are case sensitive. The tutorials all use "SQLite". It
 could be either of these problems or a problem locating the file. The
 helper will dump details to cache.log when run under Squid or to the
 terminal when run manually.
  NP: it only connects on first lookup, so when testing via command line
 press enter at least once.

 I've added a bit of extra help to the error message to display the
 available drivers in future. It can be applied to the basic_db_auth
 helper script already installed to gain that ability immediately: (just
 waiting on the mirrors to pick it up)

 http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-11714.patch

 When using it, run the helper on command line and pressing enter will
 fail and show you what drivers are available. If "SQLite" is missing you
 need to install that Perl module.

 Amos