Re: [squid-users] website issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:38:53 +1200

On 13/09/11 21:11, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

>>> we can access it without squid. what could be the issue... ?
>>>

>> Squid has a 403 error page cached for that URL. Before you ask, yes, error
>> pages are allowed to be cached when the webmaster has explicitly enabled
>> caching of them. This might be one of those times.
>>
>> Check that negative_ttl is set to 0 (may require the unit seconds as well).
>> Any other value results in errors such as that being cached against the
>> webmasters specifications and best-practice recommendations.
>

> by default , negative_ttl is disabled in this way.

Only in currently supported releases. Squid-2.6 has a hidden default of
5 minutes.

> # negative_ttl 5 minutes
>
> then , I chaged it to
>
> negative_ttl 0 seconds
>

> Now, access log shows this
> TCP_MISS/403 653 GET http://www.go2uti.com/ - DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html
> TCP_MISS/403 664 GET http://www.go2uti.com/favicon.ico -
> DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html
> TCP_MISS/403 664 GET http://www.go2uti.com/favicon.ico -
> DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html

Good that is Squid working properly then.

> and , I get below error on the web browser
>

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
> trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>

> could you pls help me to solve this issue ?

Appears to be an Apache configuration error. Contact the website
administrator about that. They are the only one who an help you.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11