[squid-users] Yet another thread about problems with Internet Explorer

From: Antonio Gutiérrez Mayoral <agutierr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:42:31 +0100

Hi there,
We are having some troubles with Internet Explorer users using Squid.
On the server:

Squid: 2.6.7
OS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 sp2
RAM: 2 GB

On the Client:

IE Version: 8
Using Identd auth
Windows XP sp3

The problem is: loading almost web pages over IE spends a lot of time,
and "The program is not responding" in task manager in Windows.
We dont have this problem across other browsers like Firefox or Google
Chrome. Loading the site without proxy, load well (on all browsers).

If I see the logs (tail -f access.log | grep IP), I can detect that
using IE spends a lot of time
after the logs shows up a set of lines of the request, this doesnt
happens with other
browsers. Also I see a lot of TCP_MISS the first time the page is
loaded, and TCP_HITs
after (except the dynamic content). My intution says that the problem
is on the comunication between IE
and squid.

Is there any issue related to IE, or there is a preferred
configuration for this browser? In this case,
could you give me a pointer to recheck all my configuration?

So much thanks to all and excuses for my bad english.

Antonio.

Antonio Gutiérrez Mayoral <agutierr_at_gmail.com>