Re: [squid-users] Always Direct for Apache on Squid Server

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:04:49 +1300

On 21/01/2012 9:48 p.m., someone wrote:
> Im hosting a small custom homepage for my lan on the same box as my
> squid cache, and It runs some dynamic content and I dont want requests
> for that local LAN box being served from cache.
>
> So basically Apache (serving the homepage for my lan) and Squid (3128
> transparent - No iptables, No Dhcp)are running on the same machine

Huh? "3128 transparent" with with no iptables to do the NAT or the
intercept parts of "NAT interception proxy"?

I forsee problems when you get around to upgrading your Squid to one
which does input validation of the high level traffic syntax ("mode").

> So how can I setup where http requests for my apache on that box doesnt
> get served cache?

Send the HTTP header "Cache-Control: no-store" from your script to tell
all caches not to store that response.

Amos