Re: [squid-users] squid with wpad

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:40:37 +1200

On 19.04.2012 08:21, Usuário do Sistema wrote:
> Hello, I'm with a strange issue. I have just take care for a
> environment that users get proxy by wpad. so far all it's work. the
> targeted wpad is deliver by DHCP ( Server Windows 2008 R2 ) that
> forwards to proxy squid.
>
> when I change the ip address of my target wpad what is my proxy squid
> ( I have done in the dns server ) some clients what are in static ip
> stop to work!
>
> from client I'm able ping to new wpad address but when I go to access
> the Internet by browse ( IE ) it still search for old ip address the
> wpad. where is the cache ??
>
> some tips is welcome
>
> thanks

WPAD is auto-discovery (*AD) records pointing to a PAC file. It does
not point at the proxy IP directly.

The PAC file logic decides which proxy (or none) is used and when. This
file gets cached in the browser and updated on every restart of the
browser.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringBrowsers#Automatic_WPAD_with_DNS

Amos