Re: [squid-users] Re: anyone knows some info about youtube "range" parameter?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 17:28:43 +0300

On 01/05/2012 17:09, x-man wrote:
> I like the option to use nginx as cache_peer, who is doing the youtube
> handling and I'm keen on using it.
>
> The only think I don't know in this case is how the nginx will mark the
> traffic as CACHE HIT or CACHE MISS, because I want to have the CACHE HIT
> traffic marked with DSCP so I can use the Zero penalty hit in the NAS and
> give high speed to users for the cached videos?
>
> Anyone has idea about that?
>
> --
i do remember that nginx logged the file when a hit happens on the main
access log file but i'm not sure about it.
i have found that store_url_rewrite is much more effective then nginx
cache with ranges but didnt had the time to analyze the reason yet.
by the way you can use squid2.7 instance as a cache_peer instead of nginx.

did you tried my code(ruby)?
i will need to make some changes to make sure it will fit more videos
that doesn't use range parameter(there are couple).

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il