[squid-users] Re: cache peer communication about HIT/MISS between squid and and non-squid peer

From: x-man <x-man_at_vivateam.org>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 00:48:27 -0700 (PDT)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote

> Waking up;
> fully internally to Squid we have the X-Cache: header at present
> being emitted with HIT/MISS details. You may be able to setup a
> rep_header_regex ACL the scans for HIT and your upstream cache name.
> Used on tcp_outgoing_tos to set TOS value. This is not a completely
> reliable header though, there will be some false matches or failures
> using it at present and future plans are to remove it from most traffic.
>
> Amos

Hi Amos, I think you should be talking about the clientside_tos because this
is what I need (marking the packets from squid to users).

I had to patch my squid and recompile it because I was using 3.1.19 ubuntu
version, which had the bug - not working clientside_tos (thanks to mailing
list I found info about it) - so I did it and clientside_tos feature is now
working as a whole.

Now, I'm trying to setup a rep_header ACL but I got some errors like:

2012/05/07 13:13:20.795| ACL::checklistMatches WARNING: 'hit' ACL is used
but there is no HTTP reply -- not matching.

So my packets are not marked...

here is part of the config:

acl hit rep_header X-Cache HIT
clientside_tos 0x30 hit

What does this error means?

Anyway I can solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.