Re: [squid-users] Re: cache peer communication about HIT/MISS between squid and and non-squid peer

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 12:32:59 +1200

On 07.05.2012 19:48, x-man wrote:
> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote
>>

>> Waking up;
>> fully internally to Squid we have the X-Cache: header at present
>> being emitted with HIT/MISS details. You may be able to setup a
>> rep_header_regex ACL the scans for HIT and your upstream cache name.
>> Used on tcp_outgoing_tos to set TOS value. This is not a completely
>> reliable header though, there will be some false matches or failures
>> using it at present and future plans are to remove it from most
>> traffic.
>>
>> Amos
>>

> Hi Amos, I think you should be talking about the clientside_tos
> because this
> is what I need (marking the packets from squid to users).
>
> I had to patch my squid and recompile it because I was using 3.1.19
> ubuntu
> version, which had the bug - not working clientside_tos (thanks to
> mailing
> list I found info about it) - so I did it and clientside_tos feature
> is now
> working as a whole.
>
> Now, I'm trying to setup a rep_header ACL but I got some errors like:
>
> 2012/05/07 13:13:20.795| ACL::checklistMatches WARNING: 'hit' ACL is
> used
> but there is no HTTP reply -- not matching.
>
> So my packets are not marked...
>
> here is part of the config:
>
> acl hit rep_header X-Cache HIT
> clientside_tos 0x30 hit
>
> What does this error means?

It means the access control (clientside_tos) is being tested before a
response is available. It is tested when the request headers are
received and parsed, but before the request body is transferred.

> Anyway I can solve this issue?

Someone needs to figure out how/where to re-test the ACLs and set the
TOS after response headers are received and before response body is
transferred to the client. This may be multiple places.

Amos